Christmas Linzer Cookies
Christmas is in the air, and I don’t think there’s anything that jam’s more appropriate for than stuffing inside of Christmas cookies! Our BC made Strawberry Rhubarb spread is perfect in this recipe. We use all BC-grown produce in our spreads and we’re super proud of the fact that it’s low sugar, gluten free, and vegan!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup Confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 cups slivered almonds finely ground
- 1 cup Strawberry Rhubarb Rad Jamz (buy it here)
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and confectioners sugar. Mix in eggs, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Using a blender, finely grind slivered almonds and add to butter mixture.
- Add flour and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide dough into 2 discs and wrap in plastic. Place in refrigerator until firm, approximately 4 hours or overnight
- Roll dough. Using medium size and mini size cookie cutters, snowflakes for example. Cut out 2 medium size snowflake cookies.
- Tip: Transfer cutouts to baking sheet before cutting out the center and make sure to dip cutter into flour before pressing into dough.
- One cookie will be the base for the linzer sandwich. The other cookie will have the center cutout.
- Use one mini cutter, snowflakes for example, and cuttout 1 center. Repeat this, creating sandwich sets with a variety of cookie cutters.
- Place the mini cutouts on a separate baking sheet as they will bake faster.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Set cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- Spread jam on each cookie base.
- Set all the top cookies on a sheet and dust evenly with confectioners sugar.
- Place tops onto preserve covered bases. These are your linzer sandwich cookies.
- Store in a air tight container for up to a week. If they last that long!